Heat Pumps Vs. Central Air
Choosing the system that’s right for you
It can be overwhelming to look at all the options for heating and cooling your home, but we’ve got you covered on comparing the specifics of heat pumps and central air systems. Read on to get all the details on how heat pumps stack up against central air, and how they can both make your life easier – and more comfortable! – all year in Bristol, Worcester, Middlesex, and Norfolk counties and the surrounding areas.
What’s the difference between a heat pump and central air?
Heating and cooling both involve managing heat, but modern systems can do this in different ways:
- Traditional central air conditioners cool down warm air, and traditional furnaces generate heat.
- Heat pumps “gather” the heat that already exists in and around a home with a compressor to harness its potential, either by circulating the consolidated heat to warm a space, or expelling the gathered heat to cool the space. A heat pump can compress and move heat from indoors to outdoors (and vice versa).
Why’s it called a “heat” pump if it’s not just for heating?
Did you know that heat pumps are largely used for cooling, and not just heating? The name suggests these pumps are for “heat,” but they’re also used for cooling. In fact, heat pumps were once found mostly in Southern states, but as the technology has advanced, they have become more and more practical in colder climates like ours. Heat pumps are now the year-round comfort system of choice for a growing number of homeowners in our region.
When is a heat pump a good choice?
- You don’t want to cut into your ductwork. Heat pumps eliminate the need for cutting into your existing ducts or adding another zone.
- You don’t have existing ductwork. They’re the perfect solution for homes without ductwork as well.
- You are interested in ductless mini-splits. Heat pumps also have the ability to be combined with the technology for the ductless air conditioning system known as mini-splits – though the two home comfort equipment pieces are not one-in-the-same.
- You want to take advantage of huge rebates available through Mass Save. But supplies may be limited, so get on the list now if this is of interest to you.
We install top name brands that offer energy-efficient cooling during the hottest months of the year and reliable heating when the temperature drops.
When does it make sense to upgrade your central air?
Installing a new Energy Star-rated air conditioning system could make you eligible for generous rebates from Mass Save! An added bonus will be the lower electricity bills and enhanced comfort you will enjoy after installation.
- You want max efficiency. Not only will your new A/C keep you cool all summer long, it will also reduce your energy bills and help mitigate the demand on our local power grid. TF Complete Heating & Cooling is a certified Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer, and we offer the complete line of energy-saving systems from this respected manufacturer.
- You’re looking for smart home technology. Highly efficient and quieter than what you’re probably used to, new central air systems are also compatible with smart thermostats, which are fully programmable. With a smart thermostat, you can preset the temperature inside your house—even from room to room—allowing for maximum efficiency. You can control the thermostat from an app on your phone or tablet, so you don’t even have to be home to change the settings!
Save big with TF Complete’s financing and rebate opportunities!
Whether you choose a heat pump or central air, our home comfort experts can help you find the best equipment for your needs and your budget—and we can also help you take advantage of special financing and rebate programs, including Mass Save.
Service plans and emergency service can cover both heat pumps and central air
TF Complete Heating & Cooling offers service plans that prevent costly breakdowns and keep your heat pump or central air system running at peak efficiency. And if the worst happens, you can rest assured that with our 24-hour emergency service, we will be there when you need us the most.
TF COMPLETE Can’t Be Beat!
Winters in this area can be difficult, and summers can be uncomfortable too. But when you become a customer with TF Complete, we can make things much easier for you – and more comfortable, year-round! Every member of our team is totally committed to your comfort, and our everyday goal is 100% customer satisfaction.
Contact us today. We look forward to helping you!