HVAC Care for the Pet Owner
Pet owners: it’s easy to avoid a hairy, scary HVAC
Believe it or not, you can keep your HVAC system running smoothly, without having to bid adieu to Fido, or adopt one of those weird, naked mole rats as your only viable pet option! Sure, pet hair and dander can wreak havoc on your heating and cooling systems, but only if you’re not following TF Complete Heating & Cooling’s helpful tips to keep the pet-related issues at bay. Read on to learn all about how you can keep your HVAC system running beautifully, AND coexisting in peace with your furriest family members.
Top tips for keeping pet hair out of your HVAC
- Change your air filters regularly: It may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how often homeowners forget about this simple maintenance task. When your air filter is working properly, it’s going to end up clogged – especially when it’s filtering lots of pet hair and dander. That’s no problem though, so long as you stay on top of changing the filter. It’s easy to do, and inexpensive. Plus, it avoids putting extra strain on your HVAC system, which has to work harder when the filter is full of debris.
- Get your ductwork cleaned annually: Much like your air filter, ductwork has a tendency to trap pet hair and dander, along with dirt and other irritants. Cleaning your ductwork can keep those irritants from circulating.
- Keep your home reasonably clean: One of the easiest ways to avoid having pet hair and danger circulating in your home and ending up in your air filter is to collect the pet hair as it settles on your furniture and other surfaces. Sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, wiping surfaces with a damp cloth, and mopping floors are all great ways to collect those “floaters” from your pet that you don’t want to become airborne.
- Catch that hair at its source – your pet!: If you bathe and brush your pet regularly, it won’t have as much hair and dander built up on its body to then shed all over your home.
- Fence off your outdoor equipment: Fencing off your outdoor air conditioner has the benefit of protecting both your equipment from your pets, and your pets from your air conditioning system.
- Conduct annual maintenance: Regular maintenance of your central air system or heat pump system keeps your cooling equipment running at peak efficiency. That means your home stays cooler while saving you money. A system that’s running efficiently can save you as much as 10% on your cooling costs. Plus, regular maintenance can help prevent most problems that cause system failures in the first place. An air conditioning maintenance inspection will help catch service problems early, before they get you hot under the collar.
TF Complete has your HVAC system COMPLETELY covered!
We can’t wait for you – and your furbabies, too – to join the family of satisfied TF Complete customers. For added savings and peace of mind in Bristol, Worcester, Middlesex and Norfolk counties and the surrounding areas, take a look at our cooling service plan, which offers discounts on parts and labor, priority emergency service, and annual maintenance.
If you would like to become a customer or schedule routine maintenance, reach out to us today.